As an all-too-common sight in food service facilities, fruit flies have long been thought to be simply nuisance pests. But new, groundbreaking research from Ecolab Pest Elimination’s R&D scientists has shown that this tiny fly can be a significant health threat – on par with the known disease-carrying hazards of the house fly.
This session will teach you:
• The difference between large flies (a.k.a. House Flies) and small flies (a.k.a. Fruit Flies)
• Why fruit flies are present in food-handling facilities
• The biology and habits of fruit flies
• The risks fruit flies pose to food safety and public health as demonstrated by Ecolab’s research
• What food-handling establishments can do to help prevent and eliminate them from their facilities